Double R Productions



presents



KISSES FROM CHO CHO



sagas and stories of one family fancying the views while climbing the mountains of life



(or at least trying to fancy those views and climb those mountains)



Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Maybe She Should Take Up Writing

Giada won first place in the Reflections Contest at school this month.  She wanted to choreograph a dance but her mean and worn-out mother suggested that writing a poem might be the simpliest route to go.  (Dances have to be video-taped, converted to DVD, etc. etc) She wasn't really thrilled about it but seeing how her teacher was requiring an entry and her mother wasn't cooperating with the dance idea (i know, some might say stifling creativity, i choose to say encouraging something new) she decided to play the dutiful daughter and this is what she wrote, inspired by the theme TOGETHER WE CAN.

KALEIDOSCOPES
I look into two different spy glasses
Not knowing what I’ll see.
Peering in the first spyglass,
Black
Grey
Flashes of blinding yellow light.
I hear grumbling and then it gets clearer.
Voices screaming ugly and awful words.
Sarcasm shouts out, too.
I feel uncomfortable.
I back away and reach for the other spy glass.
Peering in the eye piece, my hand turns the shaft of the instrument
Adjusting the focus.
I see
Bright vibrant colors
And shapes that fill my heart with hope.
Reflecting off each other they create a design even more exciting.
I hear joyful, uplifting voices.
They make me smile.
And then it hits me…the truth of the kaleidoscope:
We each are a color
We each are a shape
But when we work together positively and lift each others spirits
We create a beautiful design where each feels safe and welcomed.
Together we can, together we can.


1 comment: