Double R Productions



presents



KISSES FROM CHO CHO



sagas and stories of one family fancying the views while climbing the mountains of life



(or at least trying to fancy those views and climb those mountains)



Wednesday, May 25, 2011

One Of My Favorite Things...

I am a pretty simple person...At least I like to think so!  And one of my very favorite treasures is a special necklace my sisters (just so you know, when I say sisters that includes my sister-in-laws, lets just get that clear) gave me for my birthday last year.  It is a necklace with a story to tell...

It starts way back in the mid-nineties.  I was a new mommy with a cutie named Bernina.  Suddenly, "LucyAnn" Necklaces were all the rage.  It was way before Etsy and let's just say you had to drive to the mall, park inside the parking garage, load the kiddo in the stroller, and walk all the way into the store.  I know that is an event that doesn't happen as much anymore (on a side note, Queen Bubs wasn't even sure what a "mall" was the other day).  Anyways back to the Lucy Ann Necklaces  Yep, some of you might remember them...
They hung on a long chain and seemed to be the gift to get and give to every mother and grandmother along the Wasatch Front.  I had one and loved it and wore it a lot!  Until the dreadful day that Bernina, Senior and I were enjoying the Rocky Mountain Revue (its a NBA thing) and suddenly LucyAnn fell from my neck in down through the cracks between the bleachers never to be found again...I was sad but life must go on and it did...

Fast forward to the day before Mother's Day 2009.  For the previous couple of years, I had been hinting that I'd enjoy a piece of jewelery that was simple enough to wear most every day but that could be my signature piece that I would wear for the rest of my life and my kids could fight over it after I was gone.  Nothing expensive mind you but something with meaning.  Well, the Saturday before Mother's Day seemed like most until the evening rolled around and I heard Senior conferencing with the kiddos.  They brought me into the family room and said,

"Dad wants to give you your Mother's Day present early."

"Sure,"  I said.  "You mean you guys don't want to wait."

"Actually, they are right.  I can't wait. I've never been so excited to give you a present!  Let's do it!" Rob confessed.

So out came a little box and inside was something like this:
  Except it there were two charms, both with the initial "R".  One of the kids pipes up, "We wanted to get one for each kid but there are too many of us so Dad decided to get one for you and for him since you are married and in love!"  I love my necklace and wore it nearly everyday for over a year until it disappeared...okay, I'll admit, I lost it.  Grabbed as I was running out the door and then couldn't find it that evening.  Sad day.  Very sad day.  Very sad sad day.  Really.

Enter great sisters...called around my birthday last year and said, "You know your favorite necklace...well, for your birthday we are replacing it.  You can decide if you want to tell Senior you found it or that it is a new one"  Well, I decided that perhaps, in case my original suddenly shows up one day maybe I would get something a little different.  So cute sisters went to work and this is what was delivered on my birthday:
I wear it almost all the time as a reminder of my best friend!  

And speaking of cute things like necklaces and other fun things, those above-mentioned sisters are pretty creative as well as thoughtful.  In fact check out their etsy shops:




You will be glad you stopped by!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment