Double R Productions



presents



KISSES FROM CHO CHO



sagas and stories of one family fancying the views while climbing the mountains of life



(or at least trying to fancy those views and climb those mountains)



Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Train-to-Car Etiquette

Yesterday, we were in the neighborhood, so in honor of Junior's b-day, we swung by the train yard.  Hanging out underneath the freeway in an industrial area isn't exactly a mother's dream but surrounded by huge moving vehicles is his dream so I gave in.  Luckily, a couple of big engines were being moved around by actual drivers (sometimes they get moved by remote control) and one of them spotted us.  He waved and began to "honk" the train's horn at Junior several times.  Junior was so excited! 
He kept saying over and over me something about the training honking. 
I kept nodding my head and replying, "I know isn't it cool!" 
Suddenly, Junior unsnaps his carseat and comes flying over the middle console and into my lap.  He looks me right in the eyes, puts my hand on the horn and says calmly but forcefully, "Mom, honk."
I finally I got it.  I honk our horn a couple of times and look at him and ask him if we are supposed to honk back.  "Yeah mom," he replies and purposely climbs back over the console and into his carseat. 
 Moral of the story:  When a train honks at you, you must always honk back!

3 comments:

  1. Very, very cute!!! Love that guy.....Junior!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Boys and their trains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, great story. We're excited to see you and your fun and crazy crew in just a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete