Double R Productions



presents



KISSES FROM CHO CHO



sagas and stories of one family fancying the views while climbing the mountains of life



(or at least trying to fancy those views and climb those mountains)



Friday, January 28, 2011

Blueberry Turkey Sandwiches--Flashback Friday

Friday's New Feature...Flashback Friday!


Date: Spring Break 1994
Place: Moab, Utah
Subject: Blueberry Turkey Sandwiches


College Spring Breaks...Those were the days--or were they?  Hmmmmm....Anyways, a fun-filled week at the Lazy Lizard crammed with at least 30 college students sleeping everywhere (when sleep finally took over...not a lot of sleep during spring break).  Imagine my surprise when a late eighties Suburban pulled up one night with a couple of occupants, including Senior, who decided spur of the moment to join in the Moab festivities but were too cheap to pay for the luxury the Lazy Lizard provided (more like roof overhead and plumbing).  

So they slept in their Suburban. 

A couple of my friends who had ridden down in my car needed to head back a day or two early, so being the gentleman he was, Senior suggested I let them take my car and he would be so kind to give me a ride home when the party-week ended.  

Sounded like a good idea to me. What girl doesn't want to hitch a four-hour ride with a couple of good-looking guys? 

 After a sacrament meeting in Moab, we packed up the car and realized we were all almost out of moolah...and realized we were all definitely hungry.  


Details get really blurry at this point.  

I do remember a stop at the City Market but most of all I remember eating turkey sandwiches on blueberry bagels on the way out of town...(surprisingly yummy) and I remember Senior's arm slowly drape itself across the front bench seat of the Suburban and touch my shoulder as we passed Green River and headed northwest towards Price...(surprisingly yummy, too). 


1 comment: