Double R Productions



presents



KISSES FROM CHO CHO



sagas and stories of one family fancying the views while climbing the mountains of life



(or at least trying to fancy those views and climb those mountains)



Thursday, January 6, 2011

Lesson From The Lucky Floor And The Poor Pan

So, I dropped my favorite pan (big, deep, saute-type, stove to oven, lid, non-stick, use it for everything pan) on the floor yesterday.  It is big, it is heavy and so immediately I was certain I would have a big dent in my floor.  I was alarmed and while I didn't necessarily cuss I probably said something I don't want the kiddos repeating.  I dropped to the ground to inspect and was relieved to find no dent, scratch or wound.  Phew, I thought.  Then I picked up the pan to return it to its drawer and I saw it...the pan itself was dented.  The whole side! 

Here is the part to chew on...How many times to we "freak out" (sorry about the lame term, I am in a hurry and don't have time to engage my mind in a better word choice) about something, only to miss out on the real problem?  I've been thinking this all through and I do think there might be a lesson or two learned from the poor pan and the lucky floor. 

Oh and by the way, Senior fixed my pan.  It is just like new again.  Wahoo!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent food for thought....I will ponder that while I try to go to sleep tonight.....

    ReplyDelete