Double R Productions



presents



KISSES FROM CHO CHO



sagas and stories of one family fancying the views while climbing the mountains of life



(or at least trying to fancy those views and climb those mountains)



Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chosen

(photo taken Sunday AM as Queen Bubs was preparing to leave the hospital...just a few months before Senior's call to be our Bishop...note: no gray hairs yet)

Well, Senior might be a little embarrassed if he stumbles upon today's post but I figure it is my perogative to share things that make each member of my family special...

Today, he is conducting a funeral.  Cute Jeneal Jorgensen down the street passed away of Dec 28, 2010 at the age of 83. We will miss her but she is now with her sweetheart and that is a good place to be.   I don't have an exact count but I think he might be nearing 40 funerals.   We tease him about being the funeral speaker instead of the wedding singer.  The thought of conducting a funeral and all the things that come along with helping a family deal with the ramifications of death might make some of us a little nervous but Senior seems to handle it all very well.  To be completely honest, he will tell you that he feels much more at ease conducting a funeral than he does when performing a marriage ceremony (which he is nearing double digits on, I think).

With that little intro out of the way, let me get on with the purpose of this post: 

Words shared with me this morning from Allen, a son of Jeneal:  "Mom used to say that when it came to bishops many were picked but few were chosen.  After visiting with Bishop she would always remark, 'That one was definately chosen!'"

Senior works hard to make sure he is doing what the Lord would have him do.  He isn't perfect, none of us are, but his devotion to the Lord and to his fellow men and women is an inspiration to me.

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet. The Murri's would agree with Janeal. We love and are inspired by Bishop Howe and his family. xxoo As for the board game, I knew my hopes were to high. Toy Story 3 won out. We vegged with our veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An inspiration to us all!!! I was right on when I whispered to you all those years ago when I first met Rob....."if I were you I would go after him!!"
    PS Bishop "Papa" completely concurs.....he would rather do a funeral than a wedding any day!! I could tell you a good story or two about weddings he performed while bishop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Bishop Howe!!! I can't imagine him being released; we'd be too sad! We appreciate all that your family does for our ward!

    ReplyDelete