Double R Productions



presents



KISSES FROM CHO CHO



sagas and stories of one family fancying the views while climbing the mountains of life



(or at least trying to fancy those views and climb those mountains)



Sunday, January 9, 2011

FILLMORE REVISITED

Picture Missa took on the sly on the way back from St. George this summer.  To complete the series we probably need a shot of the Alpine exit on I-15 North too!

This photo is hanging on the wall on in the basement.  One of Bernina's friends asked her why.  Later that evening, he told me "he heard the whole story."  After her friends left, I was curious as to how accurate "the whole story" was...here is what she said (and for the record it was fairly close to true life with a few little exceptions here and there...which I won't correct at this time).

"Well, my mom and dad were just really good friends in college for a couple of years.  In fact, people would say to my mom, 'why don't you and Senior get together' and she would tell them 'oh he is just like my brother.'  Then my mom got a speeding ticket coming back from Lake Powell.  My dad told her the payment had to be to a certain office in Fillmore by a certain time so he drove with her to Fillmore late one night.  On the way back he pulled off the side of the road and started kissing her.  They got engaged soon after that and then got married." 

Hmmmmm....it sort of did happen like that (with a few more juicy details). 

The funniest part of the story is that when we got back (like at 5:30 AM...before anyone gets concerned we didn't leave until 12:30 and there was over 4and 1/2 hours driving time which doesn't leave a lot of time for the other part of the trip) I had to be at work at 6:30 AM so since we were driving my car we went straight to my house so I could get ready for work and then I was going to drop Senior off at home on my way to work.  I figured everyone would still be asleep (just my siblings were there...mom and dad were out of town I think) so I got Senior a bowl of cereal and went downstairs to get cleaned up not realizing that Matt would be getting up early for football.  Apparently, while I was in the shower, Matt (who was probably about fourteen at the time) headed into the kitchen to see some guy that looked a little familiar eating breakfast.  Apparently, they told each other "Hey", Matt got his breakfast out, they ate in silence, Matt left for football and then I came up ready to leave knowing nothing of the awkward breakfast meeting of Matt and Senior!  Would have liked to been a fly on the wall for that one!  Wonder what was going through both their minds!  HaHa!

4 comments:

  1. Cute story... Uhm, tell Slick there will come a point when she embraces her wavy/curly hair. It makes her unique and it is very pretty. I think if you post once a week your good. I need to bring my blog back to life : ) And this is actually Aunt Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am dying right now. that is hilarious. so glad you wrote that down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I was out of town..........where was I? I remember driving up to the Institute very late one night or should we say very early one morning to find you (no cell phones then)....there you were with your good friend, Senior......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that story! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete